Reducing and Eliminating Chronic and Inflamed Skin
The color Red is typically associated with passion and love, but when it shows up on your skin it’s the furthest thing from it! And loving your skin back to a natural shade has just become easier, thanks to aesthetic skin care advancements at Mad Peaches Med Spa.
Let’s break down these passionate reds and see what factors play a part:
- Environmental factors (wind, cold, sun) and where you live and what you eat;
- Systemic factors- underlying health problems throughout the body;
- Secondary factors- such as acne flare ups, bacteria loving-breakouts, and clogged pores;
- Uncle O’Malley’s genes or the family lineage- Northern European descendents have skin that is more susceptible to redness due to lighter skin;
- The “we don’t know yet” factor- Some skin condition causes are still being explored by science; rosacea is a condition whose cause is not known but the factors such as alcohol and spicy foods may trigger the outbreak.
Depending on what causes the redness and inflammation may give a doctor or skin care specialist the key for treatment. Some causes such as keratosis pilaris (small red bumps) may show up at early childhood and also in puberty and are results of clogged pores. Acne is another red by-product that may be controlled through a good skincare regime, laser therapy, and nutrition.
And some causes for the passionate reds still have not been discovered. Rosacea is at the top of this list. It is a chronic condition whose cause and exact cure is not yet known. It is believed to be a related to a compromised immune system.
Digging deeper into the symptoms and causes of these pesky reds:
Acne – one or a combination of these factors
- Cosmetically related acne
- Food Allergies or sensitivities
- Poor skin cell turnover
- Disturbed skin barrier function
- Underlying health problems (systemic)
- Stress -lack of sleep
- Overly active sebaceous glands
- Toxic build up
- Asthma and allergy related
- Environments- high pollution or severe cold elements
- Onset is primarily in childhood
Signs of Rosacea
- Flushing of the skin (one of the earliest signs of the condition)
- Persistent redness
- Bumps and pimples (known as Acne Rosacea)
- Visible blood vessels
- Red and tearing eyes
- Thickening of the skin, dry and patchy
- Asthma and allergy related
- Excess body weight
- Extra dry skin
- Secondary symptom of eczema
The Good News? Even if the cause is known or unknown, advanced work in the science of skincare has led to powerful therapies, diminishing, eliminating, and maintaining the inflamed skin- Broadband Light Therapy or Intense Pulsed Light, Radio Therapy, Fire and Ice Facial, and medical grade skincare products. IS Clinical makes an amazing product called-Pro-heal. And our IS Clinical Fire and Ice Facial incorporates a deep resurfacing and rejuvenating mask ideal for helping skin heal and calm the reds.
Treatments for some of the causes are simple: Topical treatments may work, as well as prescribed medications, but regular skin maintenance including deep cleansing facials, laser therapy and BBL will curtail and shorten the lifespan of these passionate reds. And this is something we at Mad Peaches are passionate about!