Toenail fungus is a condition which is treated effectively with laser light therapy. Laser energy vaporizes the fungus embedded under the toenails by gently passing through the nail with high levels of heat without causing damage. The warmth from the laser is felt, but it is a pain free procedure.
Toenail fungus removal can take several treatments. As the fungus is killed, the toenail grows in healthy. While the treatment is effective, it can take time for the new toenail to grow in. In order to get the most effective treatment, we have some tips for during your treatments:
- Replace shoes that are worn often, such as athletic footwear
- Replace socks
- Continue to cut nails regularly to remove a space for the fungus to live
- Wear those flip flops or walk barefoot as often as you can, exposure to dry air can help to expedite
- DO NOT dig underneath the nail bed or allow nail technicians to do so. As tempting as it may be, it loosens a place for water. Water is the fungus’ friend
- File down the tops of the nails with a basic nail file, this will allow the laser to penetrate deeper if the fungal infection has caused a thickening of your nails
At Mad Peaches, we always discuss lifestyle choices alongside your treatment plan. Using an anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory toning mist spray is strongly recommended throughout your treatment.