Nail fungus is a form of mold or yeast which can successfully be treated with laser light therapy. Laser energy vaporizes the fungus embedded under the nail bed by gently passing through the nail with high levels of heat without causing damage. The warmth from the laser is felt, but it is a pain free procedure.
Nail fungus removal can take several treatments. As the fungus is eradicated, the nail bed grows in healthy. While the treatment is effective, it can take time for the new nail to grow in. In order to gain the most value from the treatment, please observe the following:
- Replace shoes that are worn often, such as athletic footwear
- Replace socks
- Continue to cut nails regularly to remove a space for the fungus to live
- Wear open-toed sandals or walk barefoot as often as you can; exposure to dry air helps expedite the healing
- DO NOT dig underneath the nail bed or allow nail technicians to do so. As tempting as it may be, it loosens a place for water. Water is the fungus’ friend
- File down the top of the nails with a basic nail file, this allows the laser a deeper penetration to the fungal infected area
At Mad Peaches, we always discuss lifestyle choices alongside your treatment plan. Using an anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory toning mist spray is strongly recommended.