Laser Hair Removal: Destroying Hair Follicles
Laser Hair Removal
What Is It?
- Laser hair removal is a process of hair removal by means of exposure to pulses of laser light that destroy the hair follicle. It works effectively on dark hair individuals due to the light sensors being able to find and attack the hair follicle.
- During laser hair removal, a laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, which damages the tube-shaped sacs within the skin (hair follicles) that produce hairs. This damage inhibits or delays future hair growth.
How It Helps?
- Laser hair removal removes unwanted hair usually treated for these areas: legs, arpits, bikin lines, upper lip and chin, and chest and back hair. It can be used on other parts of the body, but it should not be done on a tattooed skin surface.
- The light needs to find the follicle, so light skin and dark hair work best though darker skin can also be treated.
- Multiple laser hair removal treatments are needed for initial hair removal, and maintenance treatments might be needed as well. Depending on the area treated and the density, treatments may range from 3 and more treatments. Hair grows in cycles, so maintenance and treatements are needed until the hair follicle is completely eradicated.
One of the great advantages to laser hair removal is smooth, hairless skin. This combined with eliminating razors and shaving cream makes the investment a worthy one.
Want To Learn More Or Schedule A Consultation? Call Today!
I have been going to Mad Peaches for over 5 years now, bouncing in between various treatments like exilis, pro fractional and SculpSure. All of the ladies seem very knowledgeable of the science behind each procedure and have me walking out feeling better and confident after each visit!! (View more of our Yelp Reviews)